Abassi RTOS for MSP430X
Download it here
Available as freeware with most features enabled or with few features enabled for a small code size. It is without resrictions, time limits or commercial use limitations.
- Fully scalable footprint (as low as 725 bytes on MSP430X; full: <3150 bytes)
- Fast Execution (44 clock cycle context switch, 2.44μs on MSP430X @18MHz; 11.1μs task switch on semaphore posting)
- Unlimited Tasks, Queues, Events, Semaphores, Mutexes and Mailboxes
- Flexible licensing options
- Available source code
- Comprehensive documentation
- Responsive Technical Support
Unmatched Feature Set
In addition to the standard feature set supported by most real-time kernels, the Abassi RTOS can be configured with many features unmatched in the industry. These features add robustness and code savings, and include:
- Intelligent starvation protectionGuarantees fair access to CPU, via enhanced priority aging, even on heavily loaded systems.
- Priority inheritance, including dynamic trackingAutomatically adjusts for priority aging, timeouts, etc. and propagationBetween entangled mutex owners, to prevent deadlock.
- Adaptive priority ceiling
- Deadlock detectionReports recursive mutex dependencies anywhere in the execution chain.
- AsymmetricTimeslice adjustable at a per task level. Round Robin scheduling
- Hybrid interrupt stack
Memory use and latency Requirements: here
Development Tool Choices
Abassi supports major MSP430X development tools, including IAR (with multithread-safe library protection), GCC and Code Composer Studio.