mAbassi SMP RTOS for Altera SoC
With a simple recompile, get automatic, multicore SMP, in less than 6 kilobytes (details).
And, in addition to the standard feature set supported by most real-time kernels, the Abassi RTOS can be configured with many features unmatched in the industry. These features add robustness and code savings, and include:
- Intelligent starvation protectionGuarantees fair access to CPU, via enhanced priority aging, even on heavily loaded systems.
- Priority inheritance, including dynamic trackingAutomatically adjusts for priority aging, timeouts, etc. and propagationBetween entangled mutex owners, to prevent deadlock.
- Adaptive priority ceiling
- Deadlock detectionReports recursive mutex dependencies anywhere in the execution chain.
- AsymmetricTimeslice adjustable at a per task level. Round Robin scheduling
Get Up And Running For Free
Download the freeware version of our multicore RTOS. Everything you need to get your multicore environment up and running and ready for real work. Available for the Arria V, Arria 10, and the Cyclone V.
Download a bootable SD/MMC image of our full featured demo for the:
- Altera Cyclone V SoC development board
- Altera Arria 10 SoC development board
- Altera Arria V SoC development board
- SoCrates development board
- Altas-SoC† development board
These demonstration package take full advantage of our Board Support Package
for the Altera SoC, including:
- Ethernet (including TCP/IP, DHCP, Webserver, and ICMP)
Development Tool Choices
Abassi supports major ARM development tools, including ARM Design Studio 5.
† The Altas-SoC is software-wise, functionally identical to the DE0-Nano